I offer a wide variety of services to schools and districts in the state of Connecticut. I am qualified to provide professional development in these areas:
- Identification of students with dyslexia, including early universal screenings and curriculum-based assessments
- Scientific Research-Based Intervention for students with dyslexia
- Instruction of students with dyslexia in the general- and special-education settings
- Writing a dyslexia-inclusive curriculum
- Assessing classrooms and schools for dyslexia-friendly environments
- Writing Individualized Education Plans for students with dyslexia
My services begin with a needs assessment administered to all involved staff. I use this information to help you determine what type of training or consultation you may require. We will then work together to create a completely personalized plan, specific to your school’s needs.
I offer a wide variety of services to parents/guardians of children with special needs or who may potentially qualify as having special needs.
I can provide services in these areas:
- Independent educational testing*, including a written report
- Individualized Education Plan walkthroughs and reviews, or reviews of other district paperwork
- Coaching on advocacy and communication with the school, including how to be a fully-involved member of the Planning and Placement Team
- At-home strategies for learning and homework support
- Referral to clinicians, therapists, and other professionals
Services I cannot provide:
- Medical advice, including medication support of any kind
- Attending Planning and Placement Team Meetings (exceptions may be made in some circumstances)
- Legal advice for mediation, arbitration, etc.
*Dependent upon tests available